Thursday 19 January 2012

Creation of building

To come up with a design for the building, I have been looking at the different programmes my structure could accomodate and in knowing so, divide them into vessels. Below is an initial list I came up with:

Reception[could be the unused block_Tea Room]
Access to rooms
Study rooms x2
Lecture room
Computer/Test room
Toilets x2
Office
Storage/Misc
Kitchen/communal space
Waste disposal
Generator room

Having this list in mind I looked at the space available on site that could accomodate the programmes...

...and divided the spaces into blocks to give a pixel feel to the structure.


The material of the blocks could be, as an initial thought, made out of fibreglass as it can easily be moulded into shapes and dyed into a range of colours.


Next step is to see how the vessels could be supported. For that I have been looking at the Morphosis' Osaka Expo 90s Folly structure.


No comments:

Post a Comment